Angielski dla każdego - słownictwo, gramatyka, ciekawe linki, przygotowanie do matury, egzaminu gimnazjalnego, historia i kultura krajów anglojęzycznych itd.
czwartek, 14 maja 2009
Waiter: Good evening. May I help you?
Guest: Good evening. We booked a table for two yesterday.
Waiter: Your name, Sir?
Guest: Smith. John Smith.
Waiter: Oh, yes. Table numer eight. This way, please.
Guest: May we sit here? We'd like a table in the corner.
Waiter: I'm sorry, Sir. This table is reserved.
Guest: All right then. Could we have the menu, please?
Waiter: Can I take your order, please?
Guest I: Yes. We'd like sweet and sour pork and rice.
Waiter: Would you like anything to drink?
Guest I: We'd like a bottle of red wine, please.
Waiter: How about dessert?
Guest I: Let me see... Peaches and cream for me. What about you, darling?
Guest II: Custard and fruit would be nice, I think.
Waiter: Is that all?
Guest I: Yes, that's all.
Guest: Waiter, could we have the bill, please!
Waiter: Certainly. Eleven pounds fifty, please.
Guest: Here you are. Keep the change, please. That was a very good meal. We enjoyed it, thank you.
Waiter: Thank you very much.
wtorek, 28 kwietnia 2009
B: Hello! I'm calling about the room. Could you tell me about it, please?
A: It's quite big and well furnished. There is a wardrobe and a bed in this room.
B: Is the room warm?
A: The central heating works very well.
B: And what about cooking?
A: You can use the kitchen for making breakfast and supper.
B: And how much is the rent?
A: It's £40 a week, payable in advance.
B: Could I have a look at the room now?
A: Yes, you may come and see it now.
B: Ok, then. See you in a couple of minutes.
Vincent van Gogh, Bedroom in Arles, 1888, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
piątek, 10 kwietnia 2009
- Good afternoon.
- Good afternoon, Mary. How are you?
- Awful, doctor.
- What's the trouble?
- I'm not feeling well. I've got a sore throat, runny nose and my chest hurts.
- How long have you been like this?
- Three or four days.
- You look feverish. I'd better take your temperature. Now, breathe deeply. Cough, please. I think you've got flu: there's a lot of it about.
- What should I do?
- I'll prescribe an antibiotic. Take two teaspoons of this medicine twice a day. And you must stay in bed for a week.
- Isn't that too long? I have to work!
- Forget about it. You must take care of your health now. I want you to come and see me in a couple of days. Now, take this prescription to come to the chemist's and then go straight to bed.
- awful - okropnie
- What's the trouble - Co ci dolega?
- my chest hurts - boli mnie klatka piersiowa
- look feverish - wyglądać na rozgorączkowaną
- take your temperature - zmierzyć temperaturę
- breathe deeply - oddychać głęboko
- cough - kaszleć
Napisz do mnie
Blogi - inne, gdzie piszę
BLOGI - język angielski
Nauka angielskiego - podręczniki i wydawnictwa
Pomysły na lekcje - blogi
Pomysły na lekcje - materiały i źródła
SŁOWNIKI - INNE
Zalinkowali mnie :)
Katalog blogów językowych BlogParty.pl Pinterest